Event Schedule: Lean Horse 100M/50M/30M/20M/5 Person Relay August 18-19, 2017
Packet Pick-up ~ Custer YMCA, 644 Crook Street
- Friday, August 18 – 12:00 AM to 5:30 PM
- Please leave your drop bags at the registration site by 6:00 PM Friday, August 18
Pre-Race Meeting ~ Custer YMCA
- Friday, August 18 ~ 6:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Attendance is strongly encouraged so that runners may obtain the most up to date information on trail conditions, a description of how the course is marked and answer any questions.
Race Day: All Events Start at the Custer High School Track
Saturday, August 19, 2017-Race Day Check-in
- 100 mile, 50 mile, 30 mile and 5 Person Relay will check-in from 5:00 to 5:45 AM at the Custer Track
- 20 mile check-in will be from 6:10 to 6:50 AM at the Custer Track
MANDATORY: To be sure everyone is accounted for during the race, we must first know who is on the course. If you are not checked in at the start on the morning of the race, we will assume you are not here and you will be recorded as a DNS.
- 6:00 AM – 100 mile, 50 mile, 30 mile and 5 Person Relay
- 7:00 AM – 20 mile
Finish Times – All events finish at the Custer High School track.
- 30 Mile Cut-off – 4:00 PM, Saturday, August 19 (10 hour limit)
- 50 Mile Cut-off – 10:00 PM, Saturday, August 19 (16 hour limit)
- 100 Mile and 5 Person Relay Cut-off – 12:00 PM, Sunday, August 20 (30 hour limit)
- Awards ceremony for the 100 mile and 5 Person Relay events will be held at 12:30 PM on Sunday, August 20th at the Custer Track.
- Awards for the 20 Mile, 30 Mile and 50 Mile will be help once you have finish your event. Please check-in with the finish line staff to receive your overall and age group awards. We will not have a specific time for the awards due to the participants be spread out over a period of time and many of the participants need to travel once they have finished.
Aid Station Goodies
- Hammer Nutrition Products: Hammer Gels – Heed – Perpetuem – Endurolytes – Endurolyte Fizz (Assorted flavors of Hammer Nutrition will be at each aid station)
- Fluids: Water – Powerade (Different Flavors) – Coke – Mt. Dew – Ginger Ale – Instant Tea – Instant Coffee – Hot Cocoa
- Food: Watermelon – Bananas – Pretzels – Potato Chips – M&M’s – Chicken Noodle Soup – Tomato Soup – Ramen Noodles – Bread – Peanut Butter – Jelly – Turkey – Ham – Sliced Cheese – Assorted Cookies – Raisins – Salt
Extra supplies may be left at check-in on Friday at the Custer YMCA before 6:00 PM for delivery to the drop bag sites listed below. Supplies must be in a durable bag, clearly marked with the runners bib number and the station to which it is to be delivered. We will provide different color duct tape to attach and write on for easy identification for volunteers at the aid stations. Most drop bags will be returned to the finish line by noon on Sunday. Please plan that your drop bag may become wet do to the unpredictable weather in August and pack your drop bag accordingly.
Drop Bag Locations: You will go through all aid stations twice.
- Orville Aid Station (Mile 10.1 & 89.9)
- Horse Creek Aid Station (Mile 24.8 & 75.3)
- Rochford Aid Station (Mile 37.4 & 62.7)
- DMTM Exchange Aid Station (Mile 49.3)